Our most awaited Ratha Yatra Ireland festival is on Saturday 30th July. There is unlimited benefit just by attending lord Jagannath Rathayatra. So we humbly request everyone to please come and participate in this festival and get the blessings of most merciful supreme lord Jagannath, Baladev and Subhadra.
The Schedule for the festival is as follows:
up to 11.00 - Gathering at take-off point in Merrion Square
11:00 - Opening ceremony with Lord Mayor and religious/cultural representatives
12:00 - Parade leaves from Merrion Square
14:00 - Festival begins at St. Stephen's Green bandstand
17:00 - approximate ending time
The festival will consists of Melodious Bhajans, Kirtan, Drama, Dance, Philosophical talks, Prasadam and much more.
For Rathayatra to be a successful event, it has always relied on the power of volunteer efforts. We are looking for enthusiastic, safety conscious volunteers to be Ambassadors for this event and who are willing to give some of their valuable time and to help us on the day.
Friday, 29th July
- Loading all the event items into van on Friday evening
- To help making string garlands for the deities and cart decoration
Saturday - 30th July
- Helping with the cart setup and decoration in morning
- Eight tents setup in St.Stephen Green Park at 7AM
- Greeting, coordinating and helping the public during the festival
- Crowd control during the parade procession down from Merrion Square to St.Stephen Green park.
- To help with the prasadam serve out.
- Post-festival clean up and take-down the tents at park
- Ensuring the safety of the general public at all the time during the event