ISKCON Divisional Councils 3.4.3
An ISKCON Divisional Council is a body that performs certain managerial functions on behalf of an individual Zonal Secretary, on behalf of a group of Zonal Secretaries serving in the same general area or on behalf of a Regional Governing Body for conduct of the affairs of the ISKCON society within a clearly designated contiguous geographical area, called a "Division." The geographical area in question could be a group of small countries, a single country or a section of a single country, but it should be small enough such that all temple leaders within the area would be generally familiar with ISKCON's activities throughout the geographical area, and such that the members would be able to meet together several times per year.
220.127.116.11 Formation of Divisional Councils
Wherever there are functioning Regional Governing Bodies, these Bodies shall designate the Divisions for formation of the Divisional Councils within the Region, in consultation with the Zonal Secretaries actively functioning within the Region.
Where there is no functioning RGB, the appointed GBC Zonal Secretaries may designate specific areas as Divisions and may form Divisional Councils for these Divisions. Such designation must be done in writing, addressed to the GBC Secretary and signed by all GBC Zonal Secretaries assigned to the area in question. The GBC Secretary shall acknowledge such designations. If no such written designation has been made then any bodies constituted shall be considered as informal bodies as described under Section 3.4.2.
18.104.22.168 Divisional Council Membership
A Divisional Council shall be constituted of all Temple Presidents, all Preaching Center managers, all Regional Secretaries and all Zonal Secretaries (that wish to attend) within the region as well as resident sannyasis or other leading devotees as the council desires or as the local Zonal Secretaries recommend.
22.214.171.124 Divisional Council Functions
1. Serve as a forum for coordination of the overall preaching strategy in the Division.
2. Serve as a forum for coordination of the implementation of GBC policies, guidelines and resolutions applicable within the Division.
3. Serve as a forum for resolution of any conflicts within the Division. This includes handling of complaints on local matters referred to it by the GBC Body, the RGB, any ISKCON official or body or from individuals.
4. Making recommendations to the RGB, where appropriate, for RGB or GBC legislation.
5. Making recommendations to any Zonal Secretary or other ISKCON official functioning within the Division on matters concerning local affairs.
6. Where necessary and appropriate, undertaking disciplinary action against ISKCON officials and/or other devotees serving within the Division, as allowed under ISKCON law for such a body.
A Divisional Council may also perform other functions within the Division as specifically assigned to it by a Zonal Secretary, the RGB or the GBC Body, such as approving the opening or closing of ISKCON centers, appointing Temple officers, taking final decisions on matters of dispute, deciding on territorial matters among the various temples, making recommendations on sannyasa candidates, formally considering the nomination of candidates who reside within their area of responsibility for serving as new initiating gurus, checking into the management of the local ISKCON centers, overseeing spiritual standards, etc.