CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) WARNING
(March 12, 2020)
The risk of catching coronavirus in Ireland is still low to moderate, according to the HSE. The approach taken by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) with respect to Coronavirus will be measured and proportionate to the risks identified. Regard shall be had to the most recent and up-to-date medical advice available, including updates provided by the HSE. We are regularly monitoring risks and potential impact this may have on worshippers or visitors to our temples.
Places at higher risk of coronavirus are: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Tenerife – only the H10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel, Thailand, Vietnam.
Returning travellers must stay indoors and avoid contact with other people immediately if they have travelled to Ireland from:
- Hubei province in China in the last 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms
- Iran, lockdown areas in northern italy, or special care zones in South Korea, since 19 February, even if you do not have symptoms.
- Other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- Other parts of northern italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
In a medical emergency (if you have severe symptoms) phone 112 or 999 to find out what to do next.
NOTE: ISKCON Temples are public places of worship, if you are a returning traveller from the above-mentioned countries or has been in contact with a confirmed case and are experiencing any of the symptoms, even mild, or have been asked to self-isolate, please do not visit the Temple under any circumstance.
Whilst at an event
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Please keep updated via the following links:
HPSC website which is updated at 1pm daily: https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/
Department of Health website: https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/c36c85-covid-19-coronavirus/